This outlines the obligations and entitlements of both the school and the student if the student withdraws from school before completing the full course of study in which he or she is enrolled.
Any applicable refund will be returned to the student or individual whose payment was received within sixty days after a signed withdrawal form is completed or dismissal for cause. Failure to show up for class does not constitute withdrawal. An official withdrawal form is required in order to be eligible for any refund.
Should a student’s enrollment be terminated or canceled for any reason, all refunds will be made according to the following refund schedule:
- Cancellation can be made in person, by electronic mail, or by Certified Mail
- All monies will be refunded if:
- the school does not accept the applicant or If the course of instruction is discontinued by the school and this prevents the student from completing the course;
- Cancellation by the third (3rd) business day, before the first class, results in a refund of all tuition paid, except for the registration fee (not to exceed $100.00), application fee ($125.00) for financed students, third party processing fees, and/or convenience fees.
- Cancellation after attendance has begun, there are no refunds after the session begins. Students who plan to withdraw must do so before the first day of class. If a session is canceled, students will receive an automatic full refund.
- If a student fails a drug test there are no refunds.
- Termination Date: In calculating the refund due to a student, the last date of actual attendance by the student is used in the calculation unless earlier written notice is received.
- Refunds will be made within 60 days of termination of the student’s enrollment of received Cancellation Notice from the student by check.
- Refunds for items of extra expenses to the student, such as books, tools, or other supplies should be handled separately from refund of tuition and other academic fees. The student will not be required to purchase instructional supplies, books, and tools before the start date as these materials are needed to complete the course. Once these materials are purchased, no refunds will be made. For full refunds, the school can withhold costs for these types of items from the refund as long as they were necessary for the portion of the program attended and separately stated in the enrollment agreement. Any such items not required for the portion of the program attended must be included in the refund
- There are no refunds for seminars and workshops.
- There are no refunds on merchandise purchased in the campus store or online store.
A student who withdraws from any of Elite U’s campuses as a result of the student being called to active duty in a military service of the United States or the Texas National Guard may elect one of the following options for each program in which the student is enrolled:
(a) If tuition and fees are collected in advance of the withdrawal, a pro-rata refund of any tuition, fees, or other charges paid by the student for the program and cancellation of any unpaid tuition, fees, or other charges owed by the student for the portion of the program the student does not complete following withdrawal.
(b) A grade of incomplete with the designation “withdrawn-military” for the courses in the program, other than courses for which the student has previously received a grade on the student’s transcript, and the right to re-enroll in the program, or a substantially equivalent program if that program is no longer available, not later than the first anniversary of the date the student is discharged from active military duty without payment of additional tuition, fees, or other charges for the program other than any previously unpaid balance of the original tuition, fees, and charges for books for the program; or
(c) The assignment of an appropriate final grade or credit for the courses in the program, but only if the instructor or instructors of the program determine that the student has:
(1) Satisfactorily completed at least 90 percent of the required coursework for the program; and
(2) Demonstrated sufficient mastery of the program material to receive
Credit for completing the program.
The payment of refunds will be totally completed such that the refund instrument has been negotiated or credited into the proper account(s) within 60 days after the effective date of termination.
REFUND POLICY-VETERANS EDUCATION RECIPIENTS
In the event, the veteran or other eligible person fails to enter the course, withdraws, or is discontinued therefrom at any time prior to completion of the approved program length for VA students, the amount charged to the student for tuition, fees, and other charges for the completion portion of the course shall not exceed $10.00 (only if a registration fee is charged) plus the approximate pro rata portion of the total charges for tuition, fees, and other charges that the length of the completed portion of the course bears to its total length. The completed portion is the total number of days the student was scheduled to attend (from first to the last date of attendance) multiplied by the scheduled hours of attendance per day. Refunds will be totally consummated within sixty (60) days after termination. The student is not required to request a refund.